Image Map

Monday, June 24, 2013

App Review - StudyBlue - Digital, Pre-Made Flash Cards


StudyBlue has become one of my favorite apps! This is an internet and app based program that creates interactive flash cards and allows you to study the ones you got wrong, quiz you, and create a study guide!

Teachers can create an account and have students sign up for the class or students can create an account just for themselves. They have initially only added Universitys and high schools, but you can request a school to be added. Once you join the school, you can add a course. Since I teach at the middle school level, I added my school and then listed my name and Mathematics 7 as the course. The students can then join your class and have access to any flashcards you've created. You can give them a class code to join from or they can search for it. Students do not have to be part of a class to use this program, and they can create there own flashcards.

Once you have the account, you can add a set of flashcards very easily! They have a database of all of the ones other people have created you can choose from or you can create your own. They have pictures to go with a lot of the cards as well. 

I used this with my students during our Geometry unit, because they were not learning the vocabulary on their own. I created the account and flash cards then posted a link to my Edmodo page for the students to use. I also gave them the directions listed below to help.

You can find many videos on youtube to help, and several on schooltube as well. 

What other kinds of technology based study tools do you use?





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pretty good post. I just came across your site and wanted to say that I have truly loved reading through your blog posts. Any ways I’m going to be subscribing for your feed and I hope you post again soon.
Regards,
Digital App To Connect Parents & Teachers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...